Friday, February 20, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome!

So, did you watch the World Cup last summer? Catch an MLS game on TV? Accidentally wake up early on a Saturday and watch some Premier League?  Regardless, hopefully you're here to learn a little soccer.

For me, soccer has become a huge passion in recent years, and one I never would have expected to develop.  I was never much of a soccer player, yet for some reason I began becoming infatuated with the FIFA video games, and eventually that interesting blossomed into a full-on love affair with the game.  Now, I want to share this passion with people like me, people who don't really understand the game or the culture around it quite yet.

For the sake of not overloading you or myself with information, I'm mostly going to focus on the Barclays Premier League.  The Prem, as it's affectionately referred to, is the top English professional soccer league, and is the most popular soccer league in the world in almost every regard.  The league runs from August to May, so we are right around 2/3 of the way through now.  Don't worry though, I'll put up another post on the current state of affairs in the league.

All the Premier League games can be seen on NBC, NBCSN, or online on NBC's website.  The games are mostly Saturday and Sunday mornings or afternoons, with the occasional Monday or weird weekday game as well.

I'll do my best to keep things simple, and hopefully interesting as well.  Feel free to leave a comment or some advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment